Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekly Update

The Stokes family update...

Last week was a crazy week. Lots of appointments and errands to run.

Last weekend we ended up in the emergency room with both kids around 2:30 Saturday morning. The doctor that saw them said everyone gets sick when they get here. He put them on Bendaryl and Zyrtec and sent us on our way. Even though I insisted that Brycen needed a round of steroids for his asthma, the Dr. did not agree...so around 5:30 Sunday morning we were BACK IN THE ER with Brycen again, thankfully with a different Dr. and that one agreed that a round of steroids was what he needed. They are both doing much better. Bo and I were sick as well, but thankfully we are all feeling much better! Oh and European Electricity 101...do not plug the breathing machine in when you are half asleep...we plugged it in to the adapter plug instead of the transformer, it ran for about 30 seconds and then we heard a loud POP and it started smoking! Luckily our friends had one we could borrow until the one we left at Nana Stokes's could get here in the mail!

I took my driver's license test on Wednesday...and I failed =( You can only miss 15 questions and I missed 18. That same day our van got here, so we were all pretty excited about that!

The kids started school on Thursday. It was a VERY rough day for Brycen, poor little guy was so nervous he didn't know what to do with himself. He cried and cried and begged us not to leave him. Bailey went right in to her class with no problems and very quickly made friends. Brycen had a much better second day and so far they are both liking their new school!

I re-took my license test on Friday and I passed! YAY! I only missed 5 this time. Now Bo doesn't have to play Driving Miss Daisy anymore. The autobahn ain't all it's cracked up to be! Basically it is just like the interstate at home, and despite what everyone thinks...there IS A SPEED LIMIT. There are some stretches that don't have a speed limit, but for the most part, it isn't much different than the interstate.

Saturday we went to Bo's Christmas party for the squadron. It was at a really nice German hotel. We tried a few new foods...potato dumplings, savoy (sort of like greens and cabbage mixed with a sauce-not sure-but I liked it). I have a picture that I will add later, I have to get it off the little camera. The kids went over to the Riggsbee's house, they had a teenage boy babysitting their kids. Brycen was so excited about a boy babysitter..before we left he went to the fridge and said "I am getting an apple and a pepsi to take to the boy babysitter". Then when we got there I asked him if he wanted his blankie, he said "no, I don't want him to see it, but I still like it". It was so funny!

Sunday was a sunny day, well not "Florida Sunny", but sunnier than normal so we went by our house to take a few pictures. We get to move in on the first. We are all really excited. This little place we are staying in seems to get smaller everyday!



Our House! The building to the right of the picture is the meat/cheese market...



This is the back of the house, on the other side of those bushes is our courtyard. I took this from the front of the church.



This is the view from the front of our house. I was standing in front of the meat/cheese place with my back to our house...




This is the church that is beside/behind the house...



This is the clock/bell tower at the church...check out the windmill on the hill...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that everyone is feeling better. The house opening up to the street is the way ours was in England. Everyone is doing fine....miss my youguns, though.
We lve you more!
mom and dad mac

Aunt Nancy said...

So great to be able to see where you are and a little of how it is to live in Germany. What denomination is the church and do you shop at the market?
Love you all. Aunt Nancy and Uncle Joel